Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCtrlAltEliteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Relics! You'll need this

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

New Relics! You'll need this Empty
PostSubject: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 pm

K i was wondering if anyone wanted to kill the HNM beastmen leader from the whitegate area! Im after the title ^^

Last edited by Spoonykipper on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:55 am

Just incase you got no idea what im on about =p

Gurfurlur the Menacing

Spawns around (K-11) on map 2, past an operating lever that takes 6 people to open, and a 3-key door (Halvung Bronze Key, Halvung Brass Key, Halvung Shakudo Key).

If the Hilltroll Elite Guard or Woodtroll Elite Guard are killed they will respawn very quickly (about 10-15 seconds). It is best to have a holder for each spawn.
Special attacks

Hundred Fists
Arcane Stomp: Converts magic damage (including those from Drain and Drain-type spells) taken to HP. Highly recommended mages refrain from nuking for the entirety of the fight. Aspir and Aspir-type spells will not restore his HP (MP is irrelevant), and the user will get back a decent amount of MP.
Head Snatch: Single target damage that reduces target's HP to 10% of its remaining HP. Ignores Utsusemi. Damage taken from Head Snatch is greatly reduced by the Paladin ability Sentinel.
Haymaker: Cone Attack damage. Added effect: Amnesia.
Sledgehammer: Cone Attack damage. Added effect: Petrify
Incessant Fists: 5-hit physical damage, single target.
Pleiades Ray: AoE ~500 damage and Paralyze, Blind, Poison, Plague, Bind, Silence, and Slow. Not used until 20% HP.

Medusa

Located in G-5 on the third map, through the Tidal Gate. Pass by trading all three: Lamian Claw Key, Lamian Bone Key, and Lamian Fang Key.
Reached through an unmapped tunnel starting at I-5.
Four Lamia Exons are popped when Medusa is aggroed. Respawn in one minute if killed. They are immune to Bind and Gravity, and tend to lose hate easily while being held by an outside party. Believed when Medusa uses draw-in, the Exons change target.
Two Lamia Exons are black mages capable of casting spells up to the -aga III group. They have an MP pool which is easily depleted. Known to be easily holdable by any melee job/NIN and a WHM or RDM.
Two Lamia Exons are Corsairs, which are also known to be holdable by any melee job/NIN and a WHM.

Special attacks:

Eagle Eye Shot.
Calcifying Deluge - Conal attack that does damage plus Petrification.
Gorgon Dance - Long duration, AoE Petrification. Starts using at 25%.
Pinning Shot - AoE Ranged Attack and Bind.
Tail Slap - Frontal damage and Stun.
Shadow Thrust - Single target (?) damage.

Gulool Ja Ja

Confirmed to be behind the Mahogany Door on map 3, opened with Mamook Tanscale Key, Mamook Blackscale Key and Mamook Silverscale Key
As Ninja it uses Ninjutsu
Special attacks:
Vorpal Wheel: single-target damage, ignores Utsusemi
Will use it on anyone who casts magic on them.
As it's health decreases, the damage from Vorpal Wheel seems to increase and can easily one shot any mage who casts on them, even with Stoneskin.
If you're in range to cast on Gulool Ja Ja, you're in Vorpal Wheel range.
Tyrranic Blare: AoE damage, ignores Utsusemi
Miasma: AoE damage + Slow + Poison + Disease
Rushing Slash: single-target, 4-hit
Decussate: Heavy AoE damage, absorbed by Utsusemi, used at <=25% health
Damage may go as high as ~800-1300
With decent defense damage can be lowered to ~250-450
Uses Draw In, making it difficult to move Gulool Ja Ja.
Inside Mamook, they are assisted by 2 Mamool Ja Palatines (THF) and 2 Mamool Ja Chamberlains (WHM).
Mamool Ja Palatine and Mamool Ja Chamberlain will respawn 10 seconds after being killed.
Mamool Ja Palatine and Mamool Ja Chamberlain do not share hate with Gulool Ja Ja and can easily be dragged away to a side room.
Uses Mijin Gakure at low health (~3%)
Clicking on the Mahogany Door again warps you to Jade Sepulcher
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Going to need a full ally to fight and people outside of it to hold the mobs that will join in =p by the looks any /nin can hold them so we're going to need 2 parties 1 party can hold 2 of them and the other can hold the other 2 but thats apart from Gurfurlur the Menacing who only seems to have 2 guards and due to that im thinking of trying him first ^^ I will need help farming the keys up before the main big run so we can set a date for that first and then we have those try for the main big run WOOOOO! i've also posted on the Sky forum to try and get more people xD alllsssooo we'll probeley be doing them twice! you might ask why! but tis simple ^^ i want everyone to help to get a funkOtitle thus the people who were outside playing keep the guards busy will be changed over
Back to top Go down
Altimis

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 3:37 pm

More importantly, what are the rewards?
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Ok for the lazy ass people that cant be asked to look it up:

Gurfurlur the Menacing drops:

Gurfurlur's Helmet desyth's in to a Scintillant Ingot

Mercenary's Ring
VIT +5
Besieged: Physical damage taken -5%
Lv. 70 All Jobs

Medusa

Medusa's Armlet desyth's in to a ....something

Mercenary's Dastanas
[Hands] All Races
DEF: 24
Ranged Accuracy +8
Besieged: Increases "Rapid Shot" activation rate
Lv. 70 WAR / RDM / PLD / DRK / BST / RNG /
SAM / DRG / BLU

Gulool Ja Ja

Ja Ja's Chestplate desyth's in to stuff (maybe)

Volunteer's Ring
Magic Defense Bonus +3
Besieged: MP Recovered While Healing +5
Lv. 70 All Jobs

I dont care about any of the drops =p you can all lot for what ever if you want it xD i'm just after the 3 titles

Titles = new relic
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 am

I'm still wanting to do this =p (Death Penalty) (Yes please)
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:18 am

Just to let you all know you dont need to be doing the relic now to do this =p you can get it done out the way, then when come to do it you can change your title. I'd like to get them killed before they finish off the relics an those 3 NM's become everyones bitch and as hard to claim etc as a HNM.
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 12:38 pm

Ok if people want to do this I need a party of people to help me get the keys to open the doors to them.

First off Gurfurlur the Menacing xD

We need a Halvung Bronze Key this drops from:

Troll Cuirasser 78-80 Halvung
Troll Machinist 78-80 Halvung
Troll Artilleryman 78-80 Halvung
Troll Combatant 78-80 Halvung

A Halvung Brass Key this drops from:

Troll Stoneworker 71-75 Halvung
Troll Ironworker 71-75 Halvung
Troll Cameist 71-75 Halvung
Woodtroll Monk 72-73 Wajaom Woodlands
Troll Sabreur 72-73 Bhaflau Thickets
Woodtroll Warrior 72-73 Wajaom Woodlands
Troll Surveillant 72-73 Bhaflau Thickets
Woodtroll Dark Knight 72-73 Wajaom Woodlands
Troll Shieldbearer 72-73 Bhaflau Thickets
Woodtroll Ranger 72-73 Wajaom Woodlands
Troll Scrimer 78-80 Halvung
Troll Gemologist 71-75 Halvung
Troll Smelter 71-75 Halvung

An the last one a Halvung Shakudo Key this drops from:

Moblin Millionaire 70-78 Halvung
Moblin Billionaire 76-77 Halvung
Back to top Go down
Yunamahoutsukai

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:31 pm

If you are ever going to do this count me in.
pirat
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Yep ^^ an update we will be trying Gurfurlur the Menacing (hopfully) on Wednesday the 6th!

I got one of the keys yesturday ^^ will need help getting the other two an will be trying this weekend to get them so if your free let me know (either after dyna or during the day on Sunday)
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks to the help of Frodito, Altimis and Redmiwi I now have all 3 keys need to get to Gurfurlur the Menacing!! woooooooo! So all i need now is the people to do it on the 6th ^^. Also while getting keys etc I found out Gurfurlur the Menacing does have 4 guards like the other 2.
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:48 am

We'll need like 30+ people for this so if any help would be very welcome.
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:38 pm

=O! I wannnnnnnt

Last edited by Spoonykipper on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wingedangel
Linkshell Queen.
Linkshell Queen.
Wingedangel

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 pm

I want the rdm 1 :Q
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/angelplaygurl
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:33 pm

A week to go!!! hope your already for fun =p
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Small change it will be now on Friday the 8th! same time 6pm UK time gather in whitegate.
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 11:16 am

Found abit of info on them.

Gurfurlur

Well, we did Gurfurlur last night, pretty fun fight. We had plenty of people (25), but only 1 BRD. Had 2 PLD/NIN's main tanking Gurf, and 4 others (I think 3 PLD/NIN's and 1 RDM/NIN) in the outside party with a couple healers holding the summons. The fight was very laggy due to having all 5 trolls so close together on that small platform. RNG's were great for damaging Gurfurlur, and they were having to hold back near the end to keep from pulling hate off the PLD's. Things got a little dicey near the end when it started spamming Pleiades Ray (tip: make sure everyone brings plenty of Remedies for this), but besides that it was a fun but not too stressful fight.

They have normal defenses but an excessive resistance agaist slashing dmg. SMN (with Titan) and RNG works great on them.

They can be done with 1 ally and are alot easier then people think.
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Remeber we're trying this tomorrow! xD I'd say we have about 15+ people...but thats if they all turn up. So gather together 6pm tomorrow in whitegate to sort ally and jobs out.
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:14 am

Go go Gurfurlur the Menacing!
Back to top Go down
ExPirate
Linkshell Pirate.
Linkshell Pirate.

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Scouted and Gurfurlur the Menacing and he wasnt up that day we then changed over to Gulool Ja Ja so we had to farm keys etc before hand..after a few probs (true sight mobs killing people an no one going back to help) we finaly get to the door open it with 1 of the 2 tanks going afk/asleep.

End result

Gulool Ja Ja 2 - Spoony's team 0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Relics! You'll need this   New Relics! You'll need this Empty

Back to top Go down

New Relics! You'll need this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Board :: General Chat-
Jump to: