Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCtrlAltEliteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Banner Ads

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Banner Ads Empty
PostSubject: Banner Ads   Banner Ads EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:31 am

I'm not super awesome with computers, but i am a great big worrier. Logged into this site just now and saw the ads at the top which were specific to ffxi, offering me cheap gil (i.e RMT ads) just wanted to make sure these can't harm the members at all, or whether its specific to my machine...
Back to top Go down
Fyre/Wingy
Linkshell King.
Linkshell King.
Fyre/Wingy

Banner Ads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Ads   Banner Ads EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:39 am

I never get them as I am constantly logged in on my PC.

My suggestions would be to use Firefox as it's the most secure browser out there, keep a good anti virus and anti-spy ware software.

If you get anything they'll catch it. I don't think they're malicious though, they're on a lot of sites. They just list googles searches for tags on this forum. Not necessarily the sites themselves, like alla and somepage do. Those are the ones that cause the damage. But I would play it safe, I've seen a lot of those banners and I'm still virus and keylogger free.

I'll take a look at turning them off though, eliminate the risk entirely.
Back to top Go down

Banner Ads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Ads   Banner Ads EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:36 am

nice one, i run firefox and noscript on kays pc (the ffxi one) but do my browsing on mah dads work pc, and if i put noscript on that it would be a bit restrictive for him, so only running firefox standard there. Just never noticed them before until yesterday, did a sweep of the pc after and no problems though.

PS - how do i change my ffxi login password... i cant seem to find it - im on xbox myself if that makes any difference. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Fyre/Wingy
Linkshell King.
Linkshell King.
Fyre/Wingy

Banner Ads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Ads   Banner Ads EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:50 pm

They've been turned off to completely cut risk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banner Ads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banner Ads   Banner Ads Empty

Back to top Go down

Banner Ads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Board :: General Chat-
Jump to: